Skip to content
- Read Across Jamaica Day in Spanish (annual activity) –extension of our “read aloud in Spanish” outreach to close to 40 primary schools in partnership with the MOE and 15 Spanish-speaking embassies/missions. In total, we read to close to 1000 first and second graders in 24 schools.
- Teachers Day (annual activity) – hosting of outstanding Spanish teachers at SJF member hotel.
- Spanish Immersion Event (annual activity) – island-wide Spanish CSEC Orals Workshops for close to 700 students in partnership with the MOE, the Facey Group, the JLS and representatives from Spanish-speaking Embassies.
- Sponsorship of CSEC Oral Exam Fees (annual activity) for students from St. Ann – Hanover
CSEC/CAPE Spanish Awards (annual activity) – top Spanish high school students honoured
- SJF scholarships – 1 million worth of support for Spanish teacher trainees and the establishment of a Language Lab at Montego Bay’s Sam Sharpe Teachers’ College with the Digicel Foundation.
- En Español – weekly Spanish lessons in The Jamaica Observer’s “Learning Corner”(ages 3-6)
Sponsorship of the Ministry of Education’s AGM for Foreign Language Teachers (annual activity) attended by close to 500 practitioners.
- SJF Spanish Teacher of the Year – recognizing a top Spanish teacher and sharing his/her best practices throughout the education system (annual activity)
- Presentations – “Transcending Boundaries” to inner city children at the Institute of Jamaica’s Junior Centre Summer Workshop, and “Supporting your child through their college experience” – AIM Educational Services.
- Scholarship to Spain – Protocol Officer in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade completes Masters in Diplomacy and International Relations at Diplomatic School in Madrid.
- Partnerships with the University of Technology, the University of the West Indies, schools, community colleges and teacher’s colleges’ – providing support for Spanish Clubs, Festivals and Professional Development Workshops.