Skip to content
- Support for The Jamaica Kidney Kids Foundation’s Medical Conference and Public Exhibition, as well as donation of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand (JD$250,000) towards a scholarship – the recipient of which will become the only Paediatric Nephrologist in the western region offering specialist care otherwise unavailable to thousands of children.
- Bronze Sponsor of the Jamaica Cancer Society’s Relay for Life (annual activity).
- Hospital Book/Activity Carts- A partnership with the Book Industry Association of JA (BIAJ) which has seen book/activity carts upgraded and expanded so as to enable placement in all children’s hospital wards island-wide. Cart restocking and maintenance is a (bi-annual activity.)
- SJF/SDC Annual Back to School Health & Information Fair – St. James. This year (August 21st , 2015) the event was staged at Spot Valley High School in St. James. “Edutainment” was provided by SJF member company Iberostar’s Entertainment Co-ordinators who had the crowd fully engaged in all sorts of fun and informative activities.
- Newly on board was The Jamaican Association for the Deaf providing hearing tests, and the Jamaica Kidney Kids Foundation delivering expertise on kidney failure and how to recognize common problems. Professional Eye Care, The Jamaica Fire Brigade, The National Council on Drug Abuse, The 4-H Clubs, The St. James Victim’s Support Services Division, The Child Development Agency, The St. James Public Health Services, RADA and The National Council for Senior Citizens were some of the service providers giving their time and delivering expert knowledge in their various fields. Community members were encouraged to “donate blood and save a life” in support of the Cornwall Regional Hospital’s Blood Drive. SJF member company Hospiten also provided health care, and SJF member company RIU provided accommodation for the SJF team.
- Purchase of a Neuromuscular Stimulator (valued at JD$356,645.00) for Cornwall Regional Hospital’s Physiotherapy Department, on behalf of The Montego Bay Free Zone – in celebration of their 30th Anniversary.
- Community Fire Warden Training – began in the last quarter of 2014 in 4 St. James communities. Distribution of a student designed Fire Safety Awareness poster to all schools, libraries and health clinics in partnership with the Jamaica Fire Brigade.